Moving to a new city is always exciting. There’s so much to do and see in your new town. But one of the first things you need to do when you move is get your utilities set up. Here are some tips for getting your utilities set up when you move to Murfreesboro TN.
1. Water – The Murfreesboro Water & Sewer Department provides water service to residents and businesses within the city limits. You can start, stop, or transfer service by calling Customer Service at 615-890-0862.
2. Electricity – Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation (MTEMC) serves Rutherford County with safe, reliable electricity at some of the lowest prices around. You can start service online or by calling MTEMC at 877-777-9020.
3. Gas – Atmos Energy is the natural gas provider for Murfreesboro and most of Middle Tennessee. To start service, call Atmos Energy at 800-621-1867 or visit their website.
4. Trash and Recycling – The City of Murfreesboro Solid Waste Department provides trash and recycling services for residents and businesses within the city limits. For more information on rates and services, visit the Solid Waste Department website or call (615) 893-3681.
5. Driver’s License – If you’re new to Tennessee, you’ll need to get a Tennessee driver’s license within 30 days of moving here. You can do that by going to any full-service Driver Services Center location with two forms of identification (one from Group A and one from Group B) and proof of residency in Tennessee. For a list of acceptable forms of identification, visit the Tennessee Department of Safety website.
6. Car Registration – You’ll need to register your car in Tennessee within 30 days of moving here . To do that, you’ll need your out-of-state registration, proof of insurance, and a completed Application for Certificate of Title & Registration. You can mail these items to the address on the form or take them in person to any county clerk’s office at 319 North Maple Street, Suite 121 Murfreesboro TN 37130 . If you have any questions about registering your car in Tennessee, you can call the Vehicle Services Division at 615-898-7800.
Getting utilities set up when you move doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. By following these tips, you’ll be able to get your utilities set up quickly so that you can focus on enjoying your new home in Murfreesboro TN!