The mission of the Center for the Arts is to enhance the quality of life in our community by providing cultural and economic enrichment through the arts.
The Center for the Arts opened to the public on December 1, 1995 and was originally funded by the City of Murfreesboro and Rutherford County. In 2008 The Center became a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization and now depends on the generosity of the public for funding. Since it’s opening, the Center for the Arts has been presenting theatrical productions, visual art exhibitions, music concerts, dance performances and educational classes.
The Center for the Arts is housed in an Italianate structure built in 1909 by the U.S. Department of Treasury on the site of an old livery station. The building originally served as the Post Office and in 1962 became the Linebaugh Library. After the library relocated, the building was renovated and became the Center for the Arts. The renovation of the building was awarded the Governor’s Award for Economic and Community Development.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.