It’s that time of year again! The holidays are upon us and that means spending time with family. For some, this is a joyous occasion. But for others, it can be a bit of a nightmare. If you’re dreading spending Christmas with your family in Murfreesboro TN, here are a few tips to help you make the most of it.
1. Set realistic expectations. Don’t expect everything to be perfect or go according to plan. Things will go wrong and that’s okay! Just roll with the punches and enjoy the time you have with your loved ones.
2. Communicate with your family members. If there’s something you’re not comfortable with or if you need some alone time, let your family know. They’ll be more understanding if they know what you’re dealing with.
3. Take some time for yourself. Whether it’s going for a walk, reading a book, or taking a nap, make sure to schedule in some “me” time so you don’t get overwhelmed.
4. Focus on the positive. There’s bound to be some drama during the holidays but try to focus on the good moments and cherish them. These are the times you’ll look back on and remember fondly.
5. Attend a Holiday Concert or Show. One of the best things about the holiday season is all of the festive events that take place around town. Murfreesboro is home to several great venues that host holiday concerts and shows throughout December. One of our favorites is attending a Christmas Play at Center for the Arts.
6. Go Ice Skating. What’s more festive than going ice skating with your family and friends? The Fountains hosts an annual Winter Wonderland event that features an outdoor ice skating rink. It’s the perfect activity for a cold winter day!
7. Visit Santa. No trip to Murfreesboro during the holidays would be complete without a visit to see Santa! He can be found at several different locations around town, including Stones River Mall and Oaklands Historic House Museum. Be sure to bring your camera so you can capture the memories!
Christmas is a special time of year but it can also be stressful. If you’re dreading spending Christmas with your family in Murfreesboro TN, use these tips to help you make the most of it. Remember to set realistic expectations, communicate with your family members, take some time for yourself, and focus on the positive moments. By following these tips, you’ll be able to enjoy your holiday season more fully!