Are you in the process of purchasing a home? If so, congratulations! This is a huge accomplishment. However, before you finalize the sale, it’s important to ask some questions when viewing the house. By doing so, you can be sure that you’re making the best decision for yourself and your family.
Here are a few examples of questions to ask:
1. What is the monthly mortgage payment and what are the interest rates for this property?
2. How much is the homeowner’s insurance and property taxes each year?
3. Are there any special assessments or community fees that I should be aware of?
4. What is the current HOA (homeowner’s association) status and what are the rules and regulations for this community/property owner’s association, if applicable)?
5. Is the home currently occupied by tenants or is it vacant/available for move-in immediately? If it is currently occupied, do you have contact information for the tenants so that I may schedule a time to view the property myself in order to make an offer later on down the road?)
6. What kind of repairs/updates have been made to the property in recent years (new roof, windows, appliances, etc)?
7. What is the neighborhood like and what are the schools like in the area?
8. How many bedrooms and bathrooms does the house have and are they all on one level or spread out over different floors/levels in the house ?
9. Are there any major repairs that need to be done, such as a new roof or windows that need to be replaced ?
10. How much natural light comes into each room and how big are the rooms ?
11. Is there enough storage space, both inside and outside of the home ?
12. How energy efficient is the home – does it have newer appliances, insulation, etc.?
13. What features does the house have, such as a fireplace, deck, or pool, and are they things that I would use/want regularly?